Friday, March 11, 2022

Home

 



I have a decision to make, do you have a minute to talk about it?  You see they are singing a song and I think that it's important. I've been upset about all of this and this song speaks to me. The trouble is, I don't know if it's a fit for my blog. What do you think? 

"I think that feeling connected to the earth crosses cultures" -Mary R.



 Zapovit

When I'm dead then let me slumber

Underneath a mound,

'Mid the rolling steppe, with precious

Ukraine earth around;

That the mighty girth of acres,

Dnieper's craggy shores,

I may gaze on, and may hearken

how the blusterer roars.


When it bears away from Ukraine

to the azure sea 

Foemen's blood,- then I'll depart from

Mountain-side and lea:

These unheeding, I'll be speeding

Even unto God,

There to pray, but till that happen

I'll know naught of God.


Grant me burial, then uprising, 

Shatter every gyve;

Drench with evil blood of foemen

Freedom that it thrive.

And my name in your great kindred,

Kindred free and new,

Ye shall cherish, lest it perish-

Speake me fair and true.

Translated by Paul Selver





These Green Mountains

by Diane Martin and Rita Buglass Gluck


These green hills and silver waters

are my home - they belong to me

And to all her sons and daughters

May they be strong and forever free

Let us live to protect her beauty

And look with pride on the golden dome

They say home is where the heart is

These green mountains are my home

These green mountains are my home.


No comments:

Post a Comment