Friday, February 21, 2020

Vernon Post Office Beaver

This past Autumn someone posted on social media that a beaver was working at felling a tree at the Vernon Post office. That report caused quite a ruckus among residents who were very attached to the three maples between the parking lot and the pond. I had heard recently that the beaver had been dispatched, so I took a moment to take a look around and see if I could spot any beaver activity. While I didn't see any signs of recent activity around the lodge, I thought I would post a few pictures anyway of Vernon's unwelcomed resident. - Norma Manning
Beaver lodge at Vernon post office

This culvert under 142 is a passage to wetlands beyond


Attempt to outwit the beaver and save the maple

Beaver lodge with man made dam just beyond
.

No comments:

Post a Comment