Friday, March 6, 2020

Wildlife Finally Makes an Appearance

The short cold days of winter here in Vernon have made it challenging for a novice weekend enthusiast like myself to spy wildlife out and about. Except for a plethora birds and squirrels at the feeders, the bunny that lives under my brush pile, and the occasional skunk, I have had to be content with finding signs of animals that I had somehow managed to miss. Deer and racoon tracks, felled trees, woodpecker holes and a sizable bone found by a student at recess had been until today the closest that I had come to seeing a wild animal.

This afternoon I took the dogs to the Vernon Rec. where I finally found wildlife that seemingly had been waiting for warmer weather and the arrival of Vernon's children. - Norma Manning

A sure sign of climate change, the Southern Five Fingered Giraffe dons a scarf at Vernon Rec.

A rare glimpse of The Giant Green Rock Newt which is better camouflaged in summer months

Not seen since 2009, the Purple Dinosaur is considered among the rarest reptiles found in VT



No comments:

Post a Comment